Small Group Initiative Kickoff
January 28, 2007
"For I know the plans I have for you..." Jeremiah 29:11
For more than a year, St. Mark's leadership has been working on a new Strategic Ministry Plan that culminated in congregational approval September 2006.
As a part of the Ministry Plan, three strategic initiatives were adopted, with near and long term plans established, including:
- Growth and Development Training
- Small Group Development
- Youth and Family Ministry
The initial focus was to establish leadership training specific to small groups and to begin work on small group initiative goals, including:
- Creating small group leadership training materials and scheduling training sessions
- Creating a small group "starter kit"
- Establishing quarterly meetings for better communications between small groups
St. Mark's small group vision is to establish groups of 8-12 people, both believers and unbelievers, meeting in a community or home setting to study God's Good News.
The resultant goals for the small groups is:
- Reaching the unchurched people and bringing them to a saving relationship with God
- Establishing faith communities in non-church, non-traditional settings
- Providing opportunities to grow God's kingdom
Relying on God's guidance, wisdom and patience, the small group leaders held their initial quarterly meeting, where the small group vision, progress, starter's kit and initial training were presented.
For all of these things, we are very grateful to God, as we continue to discover His plans for us.